Modern Foreign Languages
At Newhall Primary Academy we offer the French curriculum to all KS2 pupils. The teaching of MFL offers opportunities for children to:
- become increasingly familiar with the sounds and written form of a modern foreign language;
- develop language skills and language-learning skills;
- understand and communicate in a new language;
- make comparisons between the foreign language and English or another language;
- increase their cultural awareness by learning about different countries and their people, and working with materials from those countries and communities;
- foster positive attitudes towards foreign language learning;
- use their knowledge with growing confidence and competence to understand what they hear and read, and to express themselves in speech and in writing;
- form a sound basis for further study at key stage 3 and beyond.
If you would like to find out further information about our curriculum, please contact the school office.